Strategic Planning Processes and Tools
Scope of this Lesson Units
The scope of this lesson unit includes the overall process of establishing vision,
and selecting those projects that, when it is all said and done, have delivered
the objectives that satisfy the vision.
At the completion of this lesson unit the student will be able to:
- Describe the different methods use separately and together, for effectively
- Analyze measures of project success and project characteristics.
- Apply the qualitative and quantitative methods of project selection to a
Related Lesson Units
The related lesson unit is:
The SMART Objectives lesson unit discusses determining objectives,
applying the SMART Objectives tool and discusses "Management by
Objectives", all part of the Strategic Planning Process.
This lesson unit is to introduce you to "The Strategic Planning Process".
1. Read the Introduction Page.
2. Read the text and web references.
3. View the PowerPoint Presentation, "Strategic Planning".
4. Do the exercises on the exercise page.
5. Discuss the exercises in the Introductory Module Discussion Area.
6. Complete and submit the evaluated assignment listed on the Exercises Page.
It is anticipated that this lesson unit will take between 4 to 5 hours to